Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Newspaper Nails

This nail polish tutorial is based on the video by Cute Polish.

 

I absolutely love anything by Cute Polish. She is exceptional with nail polish and has this lovely, soothing voice that makes you want to watch every one of her videos ... which I did.


Despite how this nail polish looks, it is actually quite easy.

Ingredients:
  • Nail Polish - I chose gray instead of white because it looks a bit more like newspaper
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Newspaper - Not a magazine
  • Little Glass - I used a shot glass
  • Clear Top Coat
First put on your top coat and let it dry completely. ( Don't mind the blue background. I'm not sure how that happened since I was outside )


Dip your nail in the rubbing alcohol for about 5 seconds; just long enough to get it a bit wet.



Quickly, without letting the alcohol dry, apply the newspaper to you nail. Press it down so it covers the whole nail. After a couple seconds peel back the newspaper.
*If you did not let your nails dry, this is where the newspaper would stick and make a big mess. I totally did this; no shame.




Do not rub your nails or you will smudge the print! Put a layer of clear top coat on and let it dry. You are done!




Mine are very imperfect, but I really like them. Try it out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment