Sunday, September 4, 2011

Feather Hair Clip #2

This one I did a bit differently. I wanted to make a rosette kinda thing behind the button. However, I have never made any such thing so it was an experiment. I decided to make the rosette thing first in case I totally blew it.

All you need is some fabric, a needle, and matching color thread.
First you cut the fabric down to size


I wanted a small rosette, so I cute a thin piece of fabric.

Next you start layering the rosette in a circle. After each layer put a stitch in the middle to secure it.




Keep layering until you have a full circle


Cut off the excess and tuck the end back. I added a couple extra stitches to secure everything.


I then put the button on top and secured it with the needle and thread.


Pretty button right! My camera cannot take a good picture up close so this is the best i could get.
Next I got together the rest of the hair clip supplies and glued them together. See Hair Clip #1 for instructions.


Then I plopped the rosette/button thing on top of a huge glob of fabric glue and let it sit for a couple hours.


Turned out pretty cute actually. It would be pretty without the feathers too. You can put pretty much anything on a pin and put it in your hair. Try something creative and send me a picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment