Friday, September 23, 2011

Goodwill Gold


Well, maybe not gold, but definitely stainless steel! This deal was definitely a steal!
Okay enough jokes. 

I usually do not go to Goodwill that often even though we live rather close to one. Today I had this impulse to go and I found myself at the front doors. I did not expect to find much since my last visit was such a doozy (I bought nothing), and I did not even pick up a basket at the entrance. As I wandered among the slightly to heavily used items I found a couple cute things to buy. The store is very small so my interest started waning at about 20 minutes.

Then out of the corner of my eye I glimpse something shiny. At first I ignore it, brushing it off as some child's toy. I went down another isle and happened upon the shiny object again. With closer inspection I see a "Cuisinart" etching. Now my brain switched into high gear! I quickly grabbed anything with a glint of silver and horded them (like a small child) on the floor. Since I neglected to grab a basket, I now had way too many items to carry. But now that they were in my possession I could now look at them closer. The more I looked the happier I became! They were brand new, with original stickers! There was a saute pot, a sauce pot, and a stock pot and ... they all had their original lids! This was too much and I sat on the floor with my treasures. Whew.




When my mind finally settled I decided my items were not safe until I had a receipt so I lovingly (yet awkwardly) marched right up to the counter to pay and completely forgot about the other items that I left on the floor. C'est la vie.

It was the most money I have spent at a thrift store, yet it was also the best find ever! I paid $50 for $150 worth of cookware. It goes to show you that thrifting is a game of chance. One day you can completely fail and the next (or two days later) you can find diamonds in the rough (yes I did quote Aladdin).
Happy Thrifting!


7 comments:

  1. That's my girl! Very nice snag on the Cuisinart set. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your puns! And I freaking love Goodwill, you can always score big time there! Best time for ugly sweater shopping now as well, so get ready for the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s truly a nice and helpful piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m happy that you simply shared this helpful information with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! this is often nice article you shared with great information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for giving such an exquisite informative information.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice article and straight to the point.

    ReplyDelete