Sunday, October 9, 2011

Halloween Cards


 I love Halloween! Making cards is also awesome, even when I have to make 18. When I went to Michael's the other day I got this really cute stamp and I knew I had to make Halloween cards with it.


This is a pretty simple card but it has a lot of elements including shading, stamping, and the use of spray webbing. It turns out to be 4.25" x 5" card that fits in a standard A2 envelope.

Ingredients:
  • Paper
  • Stamps
  • Black Ink Pad
  • Ribbon
  • Spray Webbing
  • Spider Plastic Confetti
  • Tape
  • Pop Dots
The base of the card (orange) is a regular 8.5" x 10" page cut in half and then folded in half. Set this aside.
The decoration starts with a white background. It is 1-2cm smaller, on all sides, than the top of the card base (orange). This gives it a nice orange border.
Take the white paper and roughen up the edges with the black ink. Practice this on other paper to figure out what you like. I like it a bit messy with it darker on the edges and fading into the center a bit.


The center orange piece is sprayed with silver spray webbing first. It is really cool stuff. It comes out like silly string but it smells bad and dries really fast. The piece was cut into a 2" x 4.25" rectangle, stamped, and placed crooked on the white paper.


Ribbon was measured and cut to fit on the sides of the paper. I taped it to the back to secure it. The pieces can be very small since no one will see the back.


The ghost on the front is stamped onto white paper and then cut out. I decided I did not like the feet so I cut them off. 


Then I added some shading with the black stamp.


To make the ghost "hover" I used a pop dot which is basically a foam dot with stick-em on both sides.


Looks pretty good so far. It just needs the spider confetti and the orange base.



Then all it needs is a greeting on the inside of the card.


All done! I ran out of ribbon but luckily I had some other options (thanks Debbie).




I used black envelopes with a quick stamp on the back to add a cute detail.


I hope you like them!


9 comments:

  1. I wish I was talented and patient like u. You can get more patterns about halloween pop up cards on the website. View more designs from them.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I think it’ll improve the value of my site Feel free to visit my website;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post! I look forward to seeing more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This web site truly has all the information

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed a lot reading this post keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future.

    ReplyDelete

  7. See this webpage; this blog carries amazing and genuinely fine data designed for visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very interesting article. Please, share more like this!

    ReplyDelete