I found a really cool tutorial on how to make a t-shirt scarf. It is really simple and turns out looking chic, don't you think?
What you will need:
- Old cotton t-shirt - a large or medium so you have enough fabric (I used a medium one) and one without ribs that make it too stretchy. Also this works best with a t-shirt without side seams.
- Ruler - if you are a perfectionist
2. Cut 1" or 1.5" strips off the bottom. You will have a pile of strips, I had 14.
3. Take each strip and stretch it until it curls in on itself. I pulled pretty hard so they would be long.
4. Do this to all the strips so you have a pile of them. Collect them all together and you will have a bunch of strands together.
If you want to keep them together somehow you can tie a strip around one end but I like it the way it looks now. Easy and fast. A good project if you need a scarf on the fly.