Friday, August 26, 2011

Jalapeno Poppers


My jalapenos from the garden look so delicious so I wanted to make something special with them. I only have 4 peppers so far but there are tons of itty bitty ones. I decided to make jalapeno poppers because it is simple and delicious.

I guesstimated on all the ingredients but approximately I used:
  • 3/4 cup cream cheese (1/3 fat)
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated monterey jack cheese
  • 1 strip of cooked bacon, minced
  • 4 jalapenos
I cut the jalapenos in half and removed the stems and seeds. After this step DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE AT ALL! I always forget this safety measure and end up burning my mouth or eyes. It is completely not funny and I had to hold my eye open under running water for a couple minutes. Enough with the warning... I think you get it.


Mix together all the ingredients (beside the jalapenos) and stuff the jalapenos with it.


Throw them on the grill for 10-20 minutes until they are squishy, melty, and, look done. Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment