Recently a lot of people have been making blogs about envelopes. They are very easy to make and there are infinite ways of customizing each envelope into whatever is desired. I wanted to do my own tutorial to show how I make envelopes. It is a bit longer than others because I make a template for each envelope so I can make more without using the original envelope over and over; they do not last long.
What you will need:
- Envelope - it does not have to look pretty or be new, you just have to like the shape and size.
- Glue Stick
- Cardboard or Cardstock
- Paper you want to make your new envelope out of
2. Place the envelope on the cardboard and trace it very carefully. Try not to move the envelope while tracing. I like to use a sharpie because it leaves a big line which is easier to see than pencil.
3. Cut out the cardboard template
4. At this point I like to label the template so I know which side is which before I accidentally lose the original envelope. Plus it helps when you are lining up the template with the paper you use to make a new envelope.