Monday, March 19, 2012

No Slip Socks


Making your own no-slip socks is really easy. I saw the idea on this blog on Pinterest. I had to go find the original blog (ug) but the tutorial is really cute since it is for kids. 
The only hard part is coming up with a design.

Ingredients:
  • Socks
  • Fabric Paint (way easier if you get it in the tubes with the handy tips)
Forgive me: I used old socks for this project. Lay out your socks so the bottom is up. 


 I like to have a piece of paper next to me so I can try out a design there first. Plus then if the paint is not mixed well, you do not get a gooey mess on your socks. When your ready paint on your socks! Make sure to put it on thick because it will shrink as it dries. Make sure to let it dry for at least 4 hours before wearing. I would even leave it overnight if possible.




This would be especially helpful in a house with hardwood floors. Kids are so clumsy. Well, so am I ... but not anymore!

2 comments: