I know it has been a while since my last post. Lots of changes happening for me in the past week! I received a job offer (finally) and I am going to start work in a week! This job is on the coast so I will be commuting from here to there once a week. Because of this, I bought a new car!
I am so in love with my Ford Focus! I did not know I could love a car this much. I did love my old car (Wendy), but it was a love/hate relationship that revolved around a broken transmission that I could not afford to fix. I had so many good times in that car though so I will take a few minutes to talk about the good times:
- I was gifted Wendy senior year of high school after I turned 18 and got my license. I was then able to create my own schedule (within limits) and drive myself around to visit friends.
- I went on a long weekend trip to Monterrey with my girl friends and my first foster kittens in tow. Very memorable.
- Wendy drove me home to California every break during college so I could visit family and friends who I DEARLY missed. The drive was long, but with a Monster drink and some good music it was actually really fun.
- During college my stress reliever was to do a late night drive to Michael's and Target.
- Wendy carried so many foster animals to and from the Humane Society. Her passenger seat was just big enough so I could put the carrier sideways and talk to the animals while I drove (it keeps them calm).
- Driving Wendy in her last months was difficult, but also a bit exciting. I never knew if I was going to make it. On hills I could not go over 45 mph which was difficult on the freeway :) When her radiator blew it was a crazy experience driving home and stopping every couple minutes to let it cool down. Learning to drive an automatic like a manual was fun, but I won't miss it.
I won't miss the difficulties that came with an old car, but she will always be my first :)
Now I have a new job, a new car, and a new outlook on life! Thanks for reading. I will be posting my St. Patties Card tomorrow so stay tuned!