Friday, January 20, 2012

Lightening Nails


In keeping with my weather theme I made a design with clouds and lightening. Striking! This was inspired by my friend Maya after a delicious feast of stuffed shells last night. Enjoy the tutorial!
Ingredients:
  • Gray, White, and Yellow Nail Polish.
  • A Dotting Tool. I made my own since I did not want to buy one. They are only a couple bucks though.
  • Toothpicks
  • Clear Top Coat

First paint a gray base. Take your dotting tool and make some white dots in a cloud shape. Leave your middle (lightening) finger without clouds for now.


While the dots dry move on to your lightening bolt finger. Use a toothpick and carefully create a lightening bolt on the nail. Go slowly. I practiced on a piece of paper first. I made the middle line first and then pulled the polish down and up for the other lines.


Now add clouds to the lightening bolt.


To create dimension take your dotting tool and dip it in the gray. Dot slightly over the white cloud dots.


Now do the white dots again.



Don't forget your clear top coat!


No comments:

Post a Comment