Thursday, December 8, 2011

Nail Polish Ornaments

 
I saw this amazing idea on Craftgawker the other day and I knew I had to try it. The idea is from this Tutorial that explained exactly how to do this process. It is actually pretty easy. Even if you screw up you can start all over with a bit of nail polish remover!
 
 
Ingredients:
  • Glass Ornaments
  • Nail Polish
  • Water and a small cup or bowl - just big enough to fit the ornament
  • Nail Polish Remover - for mess ups
  • Toothpicks
You kinda need to work quickly but make sure to be creative and have fun! I like to use OPI nail polish because it spreads easier in the water. Put a few drops in the water, one after another and watch them spread out. Use a toothpick to create a cool design. 


Dip your ornament in the water/nail polish and let it sit there for a couple seconds. Pull it out and smile at your beautiful creation!




Here is a picture of it in the sun :)


I made a bunch of them! I really like the blue and yellow ones. Try out different colors to see what you like. This was really fun! The cool thing is that you can do this to your nails at the same time.


2 comments: