Thursday, December 22, 2011

Mini Yarn Tree


This yarn tree was originally supposed to be a wreath, but it was taking too long to crochet so I decided to make something different. I guess crocheting is not as much fun as I thought... But, this idea turned out pretty cute so I'm glad I finished it.

Ingredients:
  • Yarn & Crochet Hook
  • Hot Glue
  • Foam Tree Shape
  • Mini Tree Ornaments or Puffs (like me!)
First crochet a LONG string. To make it wavy you single crochet twice in each loop. Then do it again the other way. To make it more curly add more crochets in each loop. Here are the three layers I made:


Once you have a very long, windy strand start gluing it on the tree. Start from the bottom and work your way up. Try to glue the yarn close together so there are no spaces. 
Glue, glue, glue and it will look something like this:


Leafy! Add some embellishment and admire your work :)



3 comments: