Thursday, March 8, 2012

Shamrock Ring


I saw the cutest felt shamrock on Pinterest the other day and I knew I had to do something with the idea. I could not figure out the original source, but here is the link to my Pinterest board so you can see the original idea.

Ingredients:
  • Green Felt
  • Small Scissors
  • Needle & Thread
  • Ring
First I made a pattern. I always make patterns or I will probably end up messing it up and wasting material.


 I used this pattern to cut out 3 leaves. you can cut out 4 if you want a special shamrock. I also used a bit of scrap to make a stem. 



With thread I used a couple stitches to connect everything. 


Disconnect the needle and pull both ends toward each other. At the same time adjust the felt so it folds in the right places. And you make ....


A pretty shamrock! At this point you just tie it off and you are done. You could attach this to a hairpin or headband if you want. I decided to make it into a ring.

With more thread I just randomly sewed the shamrock on an old ring. I really liked having a ring with a space open so I could really make it secure.



After this you could add some glue or something to make it super secure, but I didn't. Too much bother for me. I hope you like it! Simple, cute, and cheap. Felt was about 30 cents for a sheet and the ring was recycled!




3 comments:

  1. This is such a cute idea. The ring you used for the base seems so pretty on its own. I think it would be a neat idea to reinvent your ring for each season. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have had that ring for so long and I never wear it. Now it is revamped!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete